“You stupid &$#&%*%&%#!! ……Sorry.”
—Cid Highwind, FFVII
- 7 oz. firm tofu
- 6 oz. rice noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons organic expeller-pressed canola oil
- 4 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms, washed, stems removed, and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 Asian eggplant, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 leaves of mustard greens, washed, stems removed, and chopped into small pieces (about 4 cups)
- 4 oz. green beans, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red Thai chile pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 serrano chile pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 fresh limes
Place tofu on a clean kitchen towel or a few paper towels atop a cutting board. Fold the cloth over to cover the tofu (or cover with more paper towels), and place a flat, clean object, such as a heavy skillet or cutting board, on top of the covered tofu for 30 to 60 minutes. When you’re done pressing it, chop the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove from heat and immerse the noodles in the water. Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are soft but firm. Drain well and set aside.
Heat the canola oil in the skillet or wok and add the curry paste. Stir-fry quickly for about a minute until its fragrance is released. Add the tofu cubes and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes, until tofu is golden on all sides. Stir in 2 tablespoons of water.
Push tofu and mushrooms to one side and add eggplant, mustard greens, green beans, peppers, and tamari. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened. Stir in noodles, and cook until noodles are turning crispy, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and divide into 8 bowls. Cut each lime into four wedges and serve a wedge with each bowl for squeezing on top.
Per serving: 180 calories, 6.3 g. fat, 0.6 g. saturated fat, 1.6 g. poly. fat, 1.5 g. mono. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 562.7 mg. sodium, 346.2 mg. potassium, 24.2 g. carbohydrates, 2.3 g. fiber, 8.2 g. protein, vitamin A 22%, vitamin C 31%, calcium 6%, iron 14%