“Welcome to Bar del Sol! Here’s to tropical nights!”
—the barkeeper in Costa del Sol, FFVII
This is one of those recipes where it’s vital that everything be very fresh, especially the fish. Make the recipe as soon as you get back from the market. Goes great with Costa del Sol Guacamole!
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh tomato (about ½ small tomato)
- ½ serrano chile pepper, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (Cholula or Tapatio are recommended)
- ½ lb. sushi-grade fish, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Tortilla chips
In a small casserole dish, combine the lemon juice, lime juice, cilantro, onion, tomatoes, chile pepper, salt, and hot sauce. Stir in the fish, cover, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Divide into two martini glasses, garnish each with a cilantro sprig, and eat immediately with tortilla chips and chopsticks.